MySQL Connector/Net 5.2.6, a new version of the all-managed .NET driver for MySQL has been released. This release is of GA quality and is suitable for use in production environments. We strongly urge you to review the change log that is shipped with the product for a thorough review of the changes.
We have a ton of fixes in this release so please review the changelog and see if your favorite bug has been fixed. This version officially supports all versions of MySQL from 4.1 and later.
It is now available in source and binary form from [http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.2.html] and mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time - if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose another download site.)
Changes since 5.2.5
- cleaned up how stored procedure execution operated when the user does or does not have execute privs on the routine (bug #40139)
- fixed problem with datetime formatting that causes an extra space to be included between the date and time when sent to the server (bug #41021)
- fixed sproc parameter parsing so that a space between the type and size spec would not cause a problem (bug #41034)
- removed code from profile provider that overrode Name and Description properties in error. This had the effect of not allowing you to override those values in the web.config (ug #40871)
- fixed "metadatacollections" collection to include foreign key columns
- fixed GetAllProfiles (which is used by several methods). It had a typo in the SQL and was not including several important columns (bug #41654)
- fixed problem where the core method GetUser was not properly checking the application id when retrieving user id values. This would mean that in some cases methods like ValidateUser would return success when they shouldn't. (bug #42574) This triggered several other cleanups in all the providers
- fixed problem with execution of LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE (which also affected MySqlBulkLoader). When the driver encountered some type of error opening the local file for transport it would still attempt to close the file which would yield a null reference exception (bug #43332)
- fixed Sql null value exception when an attempt was made to reset the password and require question and answer was false. (bug #41408)
- fixed MySqlDataReader.GetGuid to be more robust in how it attempts to read guid values (bug #41452)
- fixed bug where attempting to clear a pool twice would result in a null reference exception (bug #42801)
- Fixed problem with index column schema collection
- Fixed RemoveUsersFromRoles and DeleteRole where they were not calling transactionscope.Complete. This meant that on systems where the provider tables are transaction aware the changes could be rolled back in every case (bug #43553)
- Fixed typo in the collection returned when you request the MetaDataCollections collection. The NumberOfRestrictions column was missing the trailing s. (bug #43990)
- fixed index and index column schema collections that would fail if you specified the any restrictions more specific than table name (bug #43991)
- removed a couple of unnecessary lines from NativeDriver.Open() (bug #44028)
- added connection string option 'use affected rows'. (bug #44194)
- changed MySqlPool so that a freshly pulled connection will issue it's ping and reset outside of the idlepool lock. This lessens some of the contention on the idle pool.