According to Bitmover this is not supported. It shouldn't work. Might eat your data. But it appears to work.
I have not had the time yet to redo these steps and fine tune them so some of these steps are no doubt unnecessary. However here are the things that I did on my way to getting this working.
- Install the latest Vista x32 compatible version of Bitkeeper on a supported platform. I installed it on Windows Server 2003.
- Copy the BitKeeper folder from where you installed it to the Program Files folder under Vista x64.
- Edit the registry under Vista x64 and add the following registry key (try to use the same folder as I did).
- HKLM/Software/Wow6432Node/bitmover/bitkeeper/installdir=c:/program files/bitkeeper
- Right click on bk.exe in the BitKeeper folder and set the compatibility for all users to XP SP2.
Again, not sure if all of these steps are required or if I've forgotten a step or two. If the above doesn't work for you then drop me a line and I'll see if I can fine tune these.
And remember if it eats your data, you were warned. :)