MySQL Connector/Net 5.2.1, a new version of the all-managed .NET driver for MySQL has been released. This release is an alpha and may contain bugs with some of them possibly being severe. You are strongly urged to not use this release in production environments. This release is intended only for testing and feedback purposes.
This is a refresh of the 5.2.0 alpha release. Please consult the 5.2.0 change log for a complete list of changes and bug fixes in that release.
Version 5.2.1 works with all versions of MySQL including MySQL-4.1, MySQL-5.0, MySQL-5.1 beta or the MySQL-6.0 Falcon "Preview".
It is now available in source and binary form from [http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.2.html] and mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time - if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose another download site.)
Features or behavior changes
No behavior changes in this release.
- Tons of fixes in providers. The actually work now. :)
- Fixed new parameter handling code so that procedures and functions now work (bug #34699)
- Fixed problem with Visual Studio 2008 integration that caused popup menus on server explorer nodes to not function
- Fixed web providers so that they don't attempt to check their schema or cache their application id if the connection string has not been set. (bug #34451)
- Fixed installer that did not install the DDEX provider binary if the Visual Studio 2005 component was not selected. (bug #34674)
- Fixed password validation logic for creating users and changing passwords. It actually works now. (bug #34792)
Enjoy and thanks for the support!