MySQL Connector/Net 6.1.1, a new version of the all-managed .NET driver
for MySQL has been released. This is a beta release and is intended to
introduce you to the new features and enhancements we are planning. This
release should not be used in a production environment.
It is now available in source and binary form from
[http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/6.1.html] and mirror sites
(note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time
- if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later
or choose another download site.)
This release introduces a couple of exciting new features.
- Website Configuration Dialog -- This is a new wizard that is activated
by clicking a button on the toolbar at the top of the solution explorer.
It is meant to work in conjunction with the ASP.Net administration
pages. It makes it easier to activate and set advanced options for the
different web providers we include.
- Session State Provider -- We are now including a session state provider
that allows you to store your websites state in a MySql server.
- Support for native output parameters -- With this release we now support
native output parameters when connected to a server that supports them.
Currently we know that includes 6.0.8 and later servers. It also will
include 5.4 servers.
- Changed GUID type -- We have changed our backend representation of a
guid type to be CHAR(36). We are doing this because we feel users will
want to use the server UUID() function to populate a guid table and UUID
generates a 36 character string. Developers of older applications can
add 'old guids=true' to the connection string and the old binary(16)
type will be used.
What we know may be broken
- Documentation is not updated yet.
- Our entity framework support currently treats both binary(16) and
char(36) columns as guids.
- Please let us know what else we broke and how we can make it better!
New releases and updated information shared with useful concepts.ReplyDelete
Very good source for useful information and latest updates.ReplyDelete