MySQL Connector/Net 6.2.0, a new version of the all-managed .NET driver for MySQL has been released. This is an alpha release and is intended to introduce you to the new features and enhancements we are planning. This release should not be used in a production environment.
It is now available in source and binary form from [http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/6.2.html] and mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time - if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose another download site.)
The new features or changes in this release are
- Connection pool cleanup timer. We now utilize a timer that cleans idle connections that are no longer connected every 3 minutes
- We are now using stream and TCP-based timeouts to handle command timeouts. This is more inline with what SqlClient does and should be more reliable than our old timer based approach
- Completely refactored MySqlConnectionStringBuilder
- We now support the TableDirect query type
- Completely refactored our logging system. As part of this, query logs now keep all information relevant to that query together to make it easier to find and read.
What we know may be broken
Documentation is not updated yet. Please let us know what else we broke and how we can make it better!
Post a Comment