So far what's the verdict? Well, there are some things I really like and some things I don't. Here's a breakdown of the software I was using on Windows, what I'm using on Mac, and if it's better or worse.
- HydraIRC is a great Windows IRC client. On the Mac I'm using Colloquy and I must say I prefer Colloquy. It's faster to connect and has a better default profile for notifying you when things happen. With HydraIRC you could easily miss a PM. Not going to happen with Colloquy.
- Skype is skype
- I use Digsby for IM, Facebook, and Twitter on Window. On the Mac, I'm using Adium for IM and Facebook and Twhirl for twitter. This is a push. I prefer how Adium handles conversations but prefer Digsby for twitters.
- Use Chrome for browsing on both but I have to say that I prefer Chrome on Windows.
- I love how Apple Mail handles mail. The keyboard interface is great and the find is awesome. Much better than Thunderbird. I also love the LDAP integration with Address Book (seeing my co-workers pictures in mail is great)
- iMovie is GarageBand is better than anything at the same price on Windows
- iPhoto is ok
I still plan on finishing my 30 day experiment. Will I stay on OS/X after the experiment is over? I doubt it. There's simply not enough 'can't live without' features on OS/X to justify the pain. Ok, back to work.