MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.1 a new version of the all-managed .NET driver for MySQL has been released.
This is a big release and represents a change in how we package our products. Until now, we've shipped our core provider and the Visual Studio integration bits as separate downloads. This has become a bit of a problem. Often we would fix a bug that involved changing code both in the VS package and in the core provider. This provided a versioning problem where users would need to upgrade both products to see the benefit of the bug fix. To solve this, we've decided to discontinue Tools for Visual Studio as a separate product and have, instead, integrated it into a new Connector/Net installer. We hope this provides a better "out of box" experience for our users.
All previous versions of Tools for Visual Studio should be uninstalled prior to installing this product.
Version 5.1.1 works with all versions of MySQL including MySQL-4.1, MySQL-5.0, MySQL-5.1 beta or the MySQL-6.0 Falcon "Preview". Please be aware though that this version is alpha quality software and should not be used in production environments.
It is now available in source and binary form from [dev.mysql.com] and mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time - if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose another download site.)
- Fixed password property on MySqlConnectionStringBuilder to use PasswordPropertyText attribute. This causes dots to show instead of actual password text.
- Fixed problem with pooling on the compact framework. It should work now.
- Install now calls VS setup only when VS integration is selected. (bug #28260)
- MySqlRoleProvider.GetRolesForUser now works correctly (bug #28251)
- Installer now adds a default connection string to machine.config. This will prevent errors related to a missing connection string. You will need to override this value in your web.config files.
- Changed installer to only give option to install Visual Studio integration if Visual Studio 8 is installed
(Bugs fixed in 5.0.7 that are now appearing in 5.1.1)
- Bug #27765 Logging does not work
- Bug #27679 MySqlCommandBuilder.DeriveParameters ignores UNSIGNED flag
- Bug #27668 FillSchema and Stored Proc with an out parameter
- Bug #28167 Poor performance building connection string (thanks Maxim!)
- Bug #26041 Connection Protocol Property Error in PropertyGrid Control
- Bug #26754 EnlistTransaction throws false MySqlExeption "Already enlisted"
- Bug #23342 Incorrect parsing of Datetime object for MySQL versions below 4.1
Where to get information.
.NET forum: [forums.mysql.com]
.NET mailing list: [lists.mysql.com]
Reggie's blog: [www.bytefx.com]
Planet MySQL: [www.planetmysql.org]
As always we thank you for your use of our products and keep those bug reports coming!