MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.6 a new version of the all-managed .NET driver for MySQL has been released. This is a minor release involving mainly bug fixes.
Version 5.1.6 works with all versions of MySQL including MySQL-4.1, MySQL-5.0, MySQL-5.1 beta or the MySQL-6.0 Falcon "Preview".
It is now available in source and binary form from [http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.1.html] and mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time - if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose another download site.)
- Fixed problem where parameters lists were not showing when you tried to alter a routine in server explorer. (bug #34359)
- Fixed a problem in procedure cache where it was possible to get into a race condition and cause a memory leak (bug #34338)
- Fixed problem where attempting to use an isolation level other than the default with a transaction scope would use the default instead (bug #34448)
- Fixed problem that causes the TableAdapter wizard to only generate insert statements. The problem was that our code to retrieve index columns was broken. (bug #31338)
- Fixed problem with connections staying open after being used with SqlDataSource. The problem was that we were not returning an enumerator for our reader with the closeReader option set to true when we were supposed to. (Bug #34460)
- Fixed problem where the bit data type would continue to return null values once it saw a null value in a previous row (bug #36313)
- Fixed problem with MembershipUser.GetPassword where attempting to retrieve a password on a user where password Q&A is not required would throw an exception (bug #36159)
- Fixed a problem with MembershipUser.GetNumberOfUsersOnline. It actually works now :) (bug #36157)
- Fixed documentation that still stated that setting port to -1 was necessary for a named pipe connection (bug #35356)
- Fixed data type processing so that geometry fields are returned as binary. (bug #36081)
- Fixed problem that kept our provider from showing up in the provider list when configuring a new connection from a SqlDataSource
- Fixed problem where setting the ConnectionString property of MySqlConnection to null would throw an exception (bug #35619)
Enjoy and thanks for the support!