MySQL Connector/Net 5.2.2, a new version of the all-managed .NET driver for MySQL has been released. This release is a beta and may contain bugs with some of them possibly being severe. You are strongly urged to not use this release in production environments. This release is intended only for testing and feedback purposes.
Version 5.2.2 works with all versions of MySQL including MySQL-4.1, MySQL-5.0, MySQL-5.1 beta or the MySQL-6.0 Falcon "Preview".
It is now available in source and binary form from [http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.2.html] and mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time - if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose another download site.)
Features or behavior changes
- Added support for using the new PARAMETERS I_S view when running against a 6.0 server
- Implemented interactive session connection string option
- The procedure parameters schema collection has been altered to match what is coming with MySQL 6.0. Some fields have been removed and others combined. Please review your application for incompatibilities.
- Fixed profile provider that would throw an exception if you were updating a profile that already existed.
- Fixed problem where new parameter code prevented stored procedures from being altered in Visual Studio (bug #34940)
- Fixed problem where the TableAdapter wizard was no longer able to generate commands using stored procedures because of our change to using @ instead of ? (bug #34941)
- Fixed problem in datagrid code related to creating a new table. This problem may have been introduced with .NET 2.0 SP1.
- Fixed guid type so that a null value is still returned as guid type (bug #35041)
- Fixed bug with the membership provider where the min non alpha numeric option was not working correctly.
- Fixed bug where calling GetPassword on a membership user when the password answer is null would cause an exception (bug #35332)
- Fixed bug where retrieving passwords that are encrypted was not returning proper passwords (bug #35336)
- Fixed problem with profile provider where properties that were specified without a given type could not be retrieved properly (bug #36000)
- Removed some unnecessary locking from the pool manager and also reworked the pooling code to not use a semaphore (bug #34001)
Enjoy and thanks for the support!