MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.7 a new version of the all-managed .NET driver for MySQL has been released. This is a minor release involving mainly bug fixes.
Version 5.1.7 works with all versions of MySQL including MySQL-4.1, MySQL-5.0, MySQL-5.1 beta or the MySQL-6.0 beta releases.
It is now available in source and binary form from [http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.1.html] and mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time - if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose another download site.)
Unless a major, data-loss type bug is found, we expect this to be the last release of the 5.1 product. We encourage all new work to use the newly released 5.2 product
- Fixed problem with DDEX provider that could sometimes prevent table altering when working with 4.1 servers (bug #30603)
- Fixed problem with pooling code where connections pooled from the pool were added twice to the in use pool. This would cause a semaphore full exception when an attempt is made to release them back to the pool (bug #36688)
- Reversed order of Datetime and DateTime enums for MySqlDbType so that VB users won't get autocorrection to Datetime (bug #37406)
- Uncommented access denied error enumeration value (bug #37398)
- Improved documentation concerning autoincrement columns and the DataColumn class (bug #37350)
- Fixed problem where executing a command that results in a fatal exception would not close the connection. (bug #37991)
- Fixed problem where executing a command with a null connection object would result in a null reference exception instead of an InvalidOp (bug #38276)
Enjoy and thanks for the support!