Yes, that's right. You can start looking for airborne swine! We have released the first drop of Connector/Net 5.0! While there were reasons why this release took so long to get out, I'll take a page from Ballmer's book and commit to you that it won't happen again. In any case, this release has lots of goodies baked in.
- ADO.Net 2.0 support
- Usage Advisor
- PerfMon hooks
- Completely virtualized execution pipeline (this will support use
of the client library and embedded server later)
- Faster execution
- Type safe methods on MySqlDataReader completely avoid value boxing
- Procedure metadata caching
- New option for not resetting the connection on pool checkout
- And much more!
There are a few things broken or missing in this first code drop. Here is the current list.
- Connecting via shared memory or using compression
- Load data local in file is not working
- Use of System.Transactions
- Foreign key support in GetSchema
We encourage all Mono or .NET developers to try out this new release and give us feedback. It can be found at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.0.html and mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time - if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose another download site.)